Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sakura's got a blog!

Lately it seems like every conversation in our house goes like this...

"Emi, good job on your Kanji, Misaki, you did such a good job with your hiragana, Natsuki, yeah, you can say a new word, Sakura, will you please BE QUIET for a moment."

Seriously, it's been like that a lot lately. I've been searching for something creative that Sakura and I can do together but is also something I haven't done with her sisters before. Something just for her because I have a feeling that no matter how hard I try, Sakura's life is always going to be like the conversation above. She just has the unenviable position of being the third born but not the last born and therefore everything she does isn't "new" and also not the most adorable since her little sister is around to take up that part. I know lots of third-borns who had to make-up for this disparity in other (read: negative) ways so I'm trying hard to avoid that as much as I can.

So without further ado (drumroll please), I would like to introduce a blog dedicated to Sakura and her favorite activities: singing and dancing!

Sakura's Songs at www.mommyinjapansakura.blogspot.com.

Every week we will post a couple of video clips of Sakura singing her favorite songs (and possibly dancing!) so if you have a few seconds to spare please go on over there and check it out. I enabled the comments section but it is a private blog so if you lose the address then you won't be able to Google it.

Also I would just like to clarify here that I know that sometimes she's singing the songs wrong (yes, even the Japanese ones) but that is part of the charm of Sakura's singing and also, try as we might, she just will not believe that maybe, possibly the song could be sung another way.



***tj-injapan - Thanks so much for your comment and question! I will write a post soon to answer your question about how to deal with a meltdown on public transportation.

1 comment:

flapjacs said...

You could check out me and my girl.
It's a cute blog about a mom and daughter, homeschooled I think and very very crafty
http://ihavetosay.typepad.com/meandmygirl/