Saturday, October 25, 2008

I have some catching up to do...

Back in September (hangs head in shame) I attended the swimming open house at Emi and Misaki's school. They are both swiming so well, actually that was one of the things that really surprised me during our summer vacation. Misaki spent more time under the water than on top of it!






All the first graders performed a song in the water. Misaki's in the middle there somewhere.



In between I went to the gym and checked out all the things that kids had made during their summer vacation. I had forgotten to take a pictures of Emi & Misaki's crafts so I was glad I had my camera with me.
Emi made this marble maze from a kit. It was a little complicated and about halfway through she had wanted to give up but she persevered and it turned out to be a really fun toy.


Misaki made this stage with paper dolls in it. We cut out clothes from leftover material I had lying around and glued them onthe paper dolls. We also glued the curtains and stage lights on, too. It was a lot of fun.


Then it was Emi's turn.




In these next pictures she was trying to pass to the next level. She had to swim 7m without stopping.




She made it to the 5m mark. She was supposed to swim all the way to the teacher. She was disappointed but I think she passed four levels this year so she was proud of that.


I'm so proud of my girlies!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Good going girls, I am proud of you too!!! : )

shinshu life said...

She passed 4 levels in a year? Wow! It seems like you get a really wellrounded education at school here. I really love the doll theatre.