Wednesday, December 02, 2009

he got it right!!

Because all of my friends are moms of small children the only time we can get together and talk uninterrupted is in the middle of the night. And we do just that. About every two months or so we'll meet at one of our houses around 10 and then talk until 4 or 5 in the morning. It's totally cathartic and even though we're tired the next day it's totally worth it.

We got together last Sunday and during the course of our conversation we were talking about how our friends seems to know us better than our husbands. It started off with birthday and Christmas presents but then morphed into a conversation about our likes and dislikes and how it feels like our husbands have no clue. Of course we can tell them what we want them to do but that misses the point. I get nervous for my husband when we get to this time of the year because I know he feels a lot of pressure but telling him what I want for Christmas just takes the fun out of actually opening the present. Does that make sense?

So I was mulling this over when I was driving back home after my Tuesday English classes and wondering how I could help out my husband. He's really sweet and he tries so hard but sometimes he just totally misses. As I pulled into our street I noticed that someone had put up their Christmas lights and I thought that we need to make a time to do that until I realized that...


IT WAS MY HOUSE!!!!!


My husband put up our Christmas lights while I was at my classes. I was so excited! Without having to ask he totally did something I was hoping he would do. Of course I ran right in and gave him a big hug and kiss. I really hope he knows how happy that made me. Then today I called my friends and gave them hope that husbands do occasionally get it right!!


----


Thanks for the advice about the Wii. I'm going to think about it some more but I'm leaning more towards getting one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE CHIKARA!

Love Kim

Hannah said...

We all know that Chikara means power. But did you know that, based on the Japanese characters used, Chikara also means many other things. For example:

Chikara means never having to say you're sorry...

Chikara means getting it not just right, but perfect, once every five years...

Chikara means all that sweaty anxiety finally paid off...

Chikara means being the lone man in a house with five women has it's benefits, like getting to be the hero at Christmas time...

Good job, Chikara

Mom said...

Chikara, you're the man! I love my husband David too, and he often gets it right and then some, but we do not see eye to eye on Christmas lights. One year in Gibsons he promised and promised me he would put up the Christmas lights, but his heart was not in it. He procrastinated until on Christmas Eve, when there still were no Christmas lights, he thought he would be funny and suggested that the naked bulb of a porch light was really the star of David.....it made a memory...