Thursday, November 09, 2006

boots

I'd like to buy cool boots for the fall and winter but I haven't actually been able to make myself go out and buy them. Why? I'm afraid it might be a colossal waste of time and money. If I was living in the States I would totally have gone out and got them by now but living in Japan presents unusual complications (anybody surprised?). In Japan, we take off our shoes almost everywhere we go. Do I really want to take the time to go around to different shoe stores trying on, rejecting and then finally selecting the perfect pair of boots, followed by taking more time to find the perfect skirt, dress shorts (I'm not sure if I like these but I see them everywhere) or jeans that go with the boots only to arrive at my destination, take off the boots and stand around in an incomplete outfit? But I'd be cute on the way there, right? I can't decide.

This probably sounds like a silly dilema but I haven't really bought myself clothes for the past seven years because I was either trying to get pregnant, actually pregnant, or trying to get back to my pre-pregnancy size so my wardrobe is pretty much a blank slate. If I'm going to build it up from now the first pieces need to be things that I could use all the time. On my budget I cannot use precious hard-earned (that'd be my husband's sweat all over them) dollars on something that would hardly be seen. Even if the boots make me feel better (or cooler, or younger) I still can't justify it. Grrrrrrr!

OK, whatever, I'll think about it some more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, maybe I'm not the person to ask, since I just took off my totally awesome fall/winter boots that I wore all day with my dressy shorts AND a beret. Yep, I said beret. At any rate, if I have any credibility when it comes to shopping, I say go get them. Right now. Stand up and go out the door, yes, with all four children, and go get them. Enough said. Oh, and get the dressy shorts while you're at it.