Thursday, November 13, 2008

thank you

Thank you to everyone who left comments on my last post. It was comforting to know there were people out there thinking of me and my family. I am so glad I went home for the funeral. Even up until the day I left I wasn't sure if it was the right decision but once I landed and saw my mom, I knew I had done the right thing.

There were highs and lows during the trip. Highs: I got to spend a whole day with just my mom and another day with my sister. Nana's funeral was lovely. Honestly, our extended family is so much fun to be with, even when it is for a sad occasion. Lows: I got totally sick with laryngitis and couldn't eat much. I lost 6kg. The low of this is that I missed out on eating a lot of good food. I usually gain weight when I go home. Hmm, I guess you could look at that as a high and a low.

Chikara did a great job with the kids. The house was even clean when I got home! Thank you to Abigail, Ruri, Eri and my in-laws for helping with the kids, too.

It's going to take me awhile to get better and get the house back to normal so there probably won't be any posts from me for a bit.

9 comments:

Abigail (aka Mamatouille) said...

Odaiji ni!

Kim said...

Sarah, Welcome Back, and Get Well Soon!

Tigermama said...

I hope you get better soon. Take care of yourself!

Nay said...

I hope you get better soon! Make sure you concentrate on getting yourself better before you worry about getting the house back into order!

Lulu said...

Take care of yourself.
Let your body and health catch up with the rest of you...

Anonymous said...

I'm really dissapointed I didn't get to say goodbye. I was leaving Nana's house and asked my dad if we were going to see everyone before you all left, and he said that you were coming over for dinner. But when we got home he told me that you all went to the movies :( Hopefully I'll get to see you soon!

Gina said...

Just take your time on the posts because you know we'll always be here for you, whenever you feel like blogging again.... so just know that. : )

I knew Chikara would do a great job and it's wonderful that your friends and in-laws also jumped in to lend a hand. Right on for all of them! :D

Please get better, laryngitis sounds awful. : (

Sara said...

Welcome back and feel better soon!

Glad to hear things went will with Chikara and the girls.

Gaijin Wife said...

I'm sorry to hear about your nana. It's such a shame your visit was met with getting sick. I hope you get back to your full strength soon. Leaving the girls for a week must have been hard - on both sides. Good to hear they coped without mummy and that Chikara did such a good job - even if it means a few weeks to get the house turned round.

Take it easy.
Thinking of you

Ps - and am in awe that last time you took the girls home you took all four of them by yourself. What a legend.